Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday note

Hey everyone,

A lovely member of my flight has a wireless card that works on my computer. That means I can have internet!! yay! Hopefully I can be a little better with my posting now, and then they won't be so long to read. :)

Today I went to church and we had communion, which was really nice. Then they had a potluck for us and coffee and cake. mmmmm. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) we still have to eat in the dining hall. So I will have had 4 meals by the end of today. My second lunch was just a salad though. :) I weighed myself this afternoon and I've only gained 2 pounds while being here, so I guess my inner fat kid isn't completely taking over. Tomorrow is a test and the end of the week brings our fitness test. We are hoping to get academic flight of the week this week, so everyone send some prayers that the Foxtrot Fuzziee Wookiees all do well on our test!

Now I am off to write my weekly letter about my morale. I better write it while it's high. Yay again for cool people that hook me up with internet access!

5 comments:

  1. Holly! Loving the notes! Good luck with this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey!! it's so good to you're alive and surviving -- and even more good to hear about the church service. i just came back from a really good christian surfers "tribal" share and pray night and am just so grateful for christian community and what that means. thank God He gave us each other. i'll be praying for you all the way through!!! lots of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps -- wow, 5 hours of sleep and all that. you must be half dead. i'd be all the way dead!! and what does MRE stand for??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meal, Ready to Eat. They always looked tricky to me.

    And here's how to say MRE (out of acronym) in Wookie: scworaan rcworawaro aooo woraao

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohh, got it. thanks, dustin!!

    ReplyDelete