Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Getting Started

I graduated from optometry school in early May. I've spent my entire life (that I can remember) being in school, so it's weird to be done. I mean, what will I do with my free time without feeling guilty for not studying? I'm sure I'll find a variety of new things to fill my time. I haven't had any trouble so far.

At some point during school, I signed up for the Air Force. It was one of the those things (which I believe God had a strong hand in) that I just kept feeling prompted to do. So I started filling out papers, then interviewed, then next thing I knew I was in front of my class, and mom, being sworn in. While my family had reservations about this decision, I think they have accepted it now and support me.

Two years later, I'm done with school and preparing for COT (Commissioned Officer Training) in Alabama for 5 weeks. After which I'm heading to Texas (but I love the snow!!) where I will spend the next 1-3 years. I've also been running around getting together my application for my Texas optometry license, and all the papers needed for COT and various Air Force offices.

Whew, and I thought life would calm down a little with school and boards being done. But, eh, who wants a calm life. :)

Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment